Superyacht Recruitment Day
After completing your Flying Fish superyacht crew course and arriving in Antibes, you need to know where to go, who to see and how to get employed on board a superyacht. Our Superyacht Recruitment Days are exclusively for graduates of superyacht crew courses at Flying Fish.
If you haven't booked your training course yet, please search again and select STCW Superyacht Deck Crew or STCW Superyacht Interior Crew courses.
Antibes is the European Mecca for superyachts. With a history spanning over 35 years, the industry has only become bigger and better as years go by - bigger in volume of yachts arriving and bigger in size of new yachts being built.
How to get a job
After completing your Flying Fish superyacht crew course and arriving in Antibes, you need to know where to go, who to see and how to get a job on board a superyacht.
This induction course will help to do just that and you will also have the chance to register with some of the top agencies in the industry.
- Basic history of Antibes and how it became the largest port in Europe
- Superyacht industry and what to expect
- Working hours and rotas
- Yachting life: living and working with the same people, cabin etiquette, types of yachts, private and charter yachts, flag, owners/charter guests, VIP confidentiality, crossings, ranks and respect, roles on board the yacht and responsibilities of each position
- Yachting etiquette
- How to assemble your resume appropriately
- Additional skills useful in the industry
- How to present yourself at an interview
- Basic nautical terminology: both deck and interior, radio use, ISM, Marpol, tying up, chain of command, wash downs, drills, muster stations, phonetic alphabet refresher
- The good, the bad and the ugly of yachting - tales from those who know ....
- Logistics of the yachts within the ports, names of the quays
- Yachts currently on the International Quay (the largest yachts)
- Crew houses, places to stay
- Places to eat and drink – yachtie hangouts
- Social etiquette
- Antibes Yacht Show: all about the show, the venues, the parties and the people
- Local amenities: banks, hospital, doctor (to get your ENG1 if you haven’t already) uniform, shops, emergency numbers, car rental places
- Names of the leading crew recruitment companies
- Overview of the companies and people you will be meeting for interviews
By the end of the day, you will have a good overview of the superyacht industry in the South of France and the right introductions to help you find your first job.
Sign on with captains
You are now ready to sign on with captains and crew agents and start dock walking.