If you are too busy to devote three months to a full time Yachtmaster Fast Track course you can build your own programme with a series of short courses from Flying Fish. Here are all the elements you need to go from zero to hero at your own pace in Sydney.
Zero to RYA Dayskipper
An RYA Dayskipper Certificate is convertible to an International Certificate of Competence (ICC) without further assessment. The ICC is known as the recreational charter skipper qualification.
Dayskipper to Yachtmaster
An RYA Yachtmaster Certificate is internationally recognised as the benchmark qualification for professional yacht captains and is a passport to worldwide employment in the yachting industry.
- RYA Coastal Skipper – 5 days
- Yachtmaster Shorebased Theory – 5 days
- Yachtmaster Milebuilder and Qualifying Passages – 5 days (approx 500 nm)
- Yachtmaster Milebuilder and Qualifying Passages – 12 days (approx 1000 nm)
- Yachtmaster Practical Skills – 5 days
- ACMA Radio VHF/HF Licence – 1 day
- Marine First Aid – 1 day
- RYA Diesel Engine -1 day
- Yachtmaster Prep and Exam – 5 days
Yachtmaster commercial endorsement
If you plan to use your Yachtmaster certificate commercially you will also need
- ISAF Offshore Safety and Sea Survival – 2 days
- Professional Practices and Responsibilities – Online
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 – 2 days (Australia only)
If you like the idea of working as an instructor you need to first complete the Yachtmaster Offshore certificate and then a Yacht Cruising Instructor course
Yachtmaster Ocean Theory and Passage
Contact Flying Fish for help designing a personalised Yachtmaster training plan
Yachtmaster Fast Track
We also have a range of Yachtmaster Fast Track programmes to take you to Yachtmaster with full time, intensive training.