Dinghy Sailing Classes (Level 1 and 2)
Our morning dinghy sailing classes are a great way to develop your sailing skills in a fantastic location. Join a scheduled class or contact us and arrange some private lessons for yourself or your group.
To book Enquire here
Pre-book and save money
Pre-book a series of classes or add your friends and family to the same order and save money. Or buy a voucher for maximum flexibility at the best price.
- 1 class - $185
- 2 classes - $165 each
- 3 or more - $150 each
- Flexi voucher for 8 classes - $995 (Submit enquiry above.)
Private lessons - enquire above
Book a private lesson for yourself or your group and learn to sail on your own terms. The prices below are for 3-hour private lessons.
- 1 Person - $295
- 2 People - $195 each
- 3 People - $175 each
- 4 People - $150 each
- 5 People or more - $125 each
Our morning sailing classes are for sailors who have some experience and wish to develop their skills with guidance from an instructor. Join a single class as a refresher or a series of classes to fast-track your skills.
If you can get your own small group of family or friends together a private lesson is a great way to learn and can be of excellent value too. We welcome families with kids as well as corporate groups looking for some action-packed teambuilding.
- Rigging, launching, and landing
- Helming and crewing skills
- Sailing upwind, tacking
- Sailing downwind and gybing
- Practice the five essentials of sailing.
- Coaching exercises
- Racing skills and seamanship skills
Fantastic sailing conditions
Flying Fish Sail Academy is based in a spectacular setting at Middle Harbour Yacht Club in Sydney.
The sailing environment is superb with reliable, warm sea breezes and lots of great beaches to sail to a short distance away.
Instructors and boats
Our training fleet includes brand new RS Zests which are forgiving and fun to sail for one or two and Laser Bahias (2-3 person dinghies with trapeze and asymmetric spinnakers.) which are ideal for developing seamanship skills.
Our qualified and experienced instructors will guide you through the lesson in a friendly and professional way.
- Tuition, equipment, pre-course information. safety boat.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) are provided and must be worn at all times on the water.
- Please bring your own water bottle and snacks.
- AS Level 1 (after 4 sessions)
- AS Level 2 (after 8 sessions)
Before you start
- Our morning sailing classes are best for those with some experience who wish to improve their skills quickly.
- If you are a complete beginner we recommend you start with our level 1 beginners course.
- Once you have achieved level 2 you are ready to hire a boat and start cruising or racing on your own terms.
- Once you are at level 2 you are ready to hire a boat and enjoy sailing on your own terms or start racing.