Flying Fish is the trading name for Flying Fish Australia Pty Ltd. Flying Fish UK is an independently owned company that acts as an agent for Flying Fish Australia.
For details of the governing bodies that accredit Flying Fish training courses see the awarding authorities tab on the About us page.
There is always some small print to read and we have tried to keep ours to a minimum. There are no catches!
When you make a booking with Flying Fish you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms and conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
- If you book for another person or persons you are confirming that you have the authority to accept these booking conditions on their behalf.
- When you book with Flying Fish in Australia or pay a deposit in Australian dollars (AUD) at flyingfishsailing.com.au you are making a contract with Flying Fish Australia Pty Ltd to be construed under the laws of New South Wales.
- Information given by you in a booking form online and by Flying Fish in an acceptance email forms part of our contract.
- Flying Fish reserves the right to make such changes to the advertised programme as are necessary due to unavoidable circumstances.
- To secure a booking you need to make a payment. When the fees are $1,000 or less you must pay in full. For orders over $1,000 you can secure your booking with a deposit of $1,000.
- When you book a yacht charter you must pay a deposit of 50% of the total cost of your booking.
- The balance of fees is payable 60 days before your start date.
- When you book with Flying Fish we commit resources to your event and incur costs and business risks in servicing your order. In the event of your cancellation the following charges apply: If you cancel with more than 60 days’ notice we will hold 20% (up to a maximum of $1000) of your order value as credit and we will refund the balance to you. If you have paid a booking deposit it will be held as credit. / If you cancel with 30-60 days’ notice, we charge 50% of the order value as a cancellation fee and will provide you with a credit for the other 50% / If you cancel with less than 30 days’ notice there is no refund or credit provided. Credits may be used for any booking with Flying Fish up to 24 months from the date of cancellation.
- If you cancel a booking made by a discount pre-paid voucher there is no refund.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation by Flying Fish a full refund will be made and Flying Fish will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage.
- You are recommended to take out insurance to cover cancellation due to medical or other unavoidable causes.
- You are required to hold medical insurance for the period of your course or event unless your activity is wholly within your country of residence and you are entitled to unlimited medical treatment by virtue of your residency status.
- If you are booking accommodation with Flying Fish you agree to accept the accommodation allocated
- Flying Fish trainers will use their best endeavours to ensure you achieve the advertised qualifications but no guarantee is offered in this respect.
- The passages and mileages listed for yachting courses are advertised in good faith but as they are weather dependent they cannot be guaranteed.
- You agree to comply with Flying Fish operating procedures issued for your course or event.
- Flying Fish excludes liability for death or physical or mental injury to the customer howsoever caused arising from or in connection with the delivery of services under this agreement.
- The customer indemnifies Flying Fish against all claims and liabilities arising from the death or physical or mental injury to the customer howsoever caused arising from or in connection with the delivery of services under this agreement.
- The customer acknowledges and accepts that boating activities carry inherent risks such as those arising from physical exertion, slips and falls, adverse weather conditions, equipment failure, remoteness from medical services.