AS Safety Boat Operator
This course provides the safety boat handling skills needed to support water-based activities at clubs, schools and outdoor recreation centres.
To book Enquire here
The Australian Sailing Safety Boat Operator course is an essential course for watersports instructors , race organizers and volunteers.
You'll learn about race course design, practice on-water rescue of dinghies and windsurfers, and gain an awareness of techniques to support kite surfers and kayaks.
- Safety management system
- Suitability of craft and safety personell
- Equipment to be carried in a safety boat
- Race / fleet management and course laying
- Dinghy rescue and towing
- Windsurfer rescue and recovery
- Kayak / paddle board rescue and recovery
- Kite surfers and other water craft
- Towing other boats alongside and inline
Equipment and instructors
The course will be taught by qualified and experienced instructors using our Tornado rigid inflatable rescue craft.
Sydney Harbour is our playground. The variety of conditions, and busy waterways provide an outstanding training environment.
Safety equipment, tuition, logbook and handbook.
- AS Safety Boat Operator
Before you start
- You should have completed an AS Start Powerboating or RYA Powerboat Level 2 course or have equivalent experience.
- Minimum age 16 years.