STCW Superyacht Steward or Stewardess
Gain the essential qualifications required to enter the superyacht industry as a steward or stewardess.
To book Enquire here
Working on a superyacht is an exciting career option, leading to worldwide travel opportunities.
The average salary for a Stewardess starting out is around €2,500 per month tax-free. You can also do very well from tips in certain situations.
Your accommodation and food on-board is provided
There are fantastic opportunities to advance your career for those that work hard and present well.
The course is made up of the following training modules.
STCW Basic Safety Training – 6 Days
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- Personal Survival Techniques.
- Elementary First Aid.
VHF Radio Operators Course - 1 day
This is a requirement for tender operators to use marine radios.
Stewardess Training – 5 Days
- Getting a job, careers advice, creating your CV, references, interview techniques.
- The role of the interior crew.
- Wine appreciation course at an independent boutique establishment.
- Cocktail mixing, Barista training and Silver Service.
- Level 2 food hygiene course.
- Organise and run a cocktail party for VIP guests at one of the most historic and prestigious yacht clubs in Britain.
- Housekeeping and laundry.
- Flower arranging and table set up.
- Mooring protocol, fenders and lines.
RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course – 2 Days
A legal requirement for crew who need to drive the yacht tender.
PWC (Jet Ski) Course – 1 Day
This practical course will teach you all there is to know about the Jet Ski and how to use the it safely.
Superyacht Recruitment Event in Antibes
There is no additional charge for this. Our staff in Antibes help you through the process of seeking employment. The event includes; looking at local crew agencies, what to expect, personal presentation, do’s and don’ts, dock walking, and a final polish of your CV before you begin your career in the superyacht industry.
Flying Fish in Cowes UK
The course takes place at Cowes, Isle of Wight, yachting capital of England.
If you book accommodation with us you will stay in comfortable, self catering crew accommodation. very close to our training centre in Cowes
All safety equipment, publications and certification.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Personal Watercraft licence
- RYA VHF Radio Short Range Certificate
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- CIEH Food Safety Level 2
- Barista course
- Wine appreciation course
- Cocktails course
- Customer service training
- Free online recruitment service
- Superyacht recruitment day in Antibes
Before you start
Experience in the hospitality industry is useful but not required.
To succeed in the superyacht industry you must present a smart, well-groomed appearance and have an excellent work ethic.
You are ready to step on board your first private yacht as steward or stewardess.
Online recruitment from Flying Fish will help you with your job search
If you're heading down to the South of France for the Med season, or to cross to the Caribbean, you can book a free place at our recruitment day in Antibes and register with some of the top superyacht crew agencies.