Windsurf Instructor Fast Track
The Windsurf Instructor Fast-track is an intensive four week course, for basic windsurfers who want to progress to instructor quickly.
To gain the RYA Start Windsurfing instructor qualification you need to demonstrate good intermediate windsurfing skills, theory knowledge, safety awareness, and an effective coaching style.
Our innovative program has been designed to develop your skills rapidly in a fantastic sailing environment. We include a mix of basic SUP training to develop all-round water skills.
You will develop an imaginative approach to teaching safe and efficient sailing, as well as the theory that underlies it.
Week 1 - WS Lev 1/2 skills / First Aid
Week 2 - Intermediate skills/teaching practice
Week 3 - Intermediate skills/ RYA PB Lev 2
Week 4 - RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor
The course is based in an absolutely spectacular setting at Middle Harbour Yacht Club on Sydney Harbour, the undisputed capital of the Australian sailing world.
The weather is generally warm, sunny, and windy and the sailing area is extensive with plenty of stunning beaches just a short sail away.
Middle Harbour is an excellent playground for developing your sailing and windsurfing skills in a quick time. You will experience magnificent sailing in a beautiful location.
Equipment and staff
We have a fleet of TAHE windsurf boards with a mix of sail sizes and Highfield rigid inflatable rescue boats. We also have a range of paddleboards and a few wings.
For shore-based training, we have a comfortable waterside classroom equipped with a variety of modern teaching aids and equipment.
Our team of experienced instructors will guide you through your programme in the friendly and professional style that is the hallmark of Flying Fish.
Where to stay ashore
If you don't live in Sydney you will need a place to stay for the duration of your course.
Most of our international and interstate students stay in the stunning beachside suburb of Manly
We have limited availability in Flying Fish serviced crew apartments in Manly, staying with other Flying Fish customers on one of Australia's most beautiful beaches. Or you can book your own place.
- Tuition, logbook, pre-course reading, training resources, and certification.
- PFDs are provided and we can loan you wet weather clothing if required.
Qualifications and skills
- Intermediate SUP skills
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 / TCP First Aid / RYA Safe and Fun
- RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor
Before you start
- Our 4-week Fast-track course is ideal for those with some basic windsurfing experience.
- If you are starting as a beginner you may need to complete some extra weekend skills training whilst you are with us.
- On passing the RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor qualification you are ready to start work as a windsurf instructor.
- As an RYA instructor, you will be in demand for work, particularly during the Australian and Mediterranean summer seasons.