Essential Navigation and Seamanship - Online
This self paced online course provides a beginner's introduction to the navigation theory and safety knowledge required to go boating safely at sea.
This online course is for anyone interested in sailing or boating.
It forms a valuable companion programme to our entry level sailing and powerboating courses including Competent Crew, Day Skipper Practical NSW Boat Licence and Powerboat Level 2.
- Introduction to the tools of the navigator
- Charts, datums
- Latitude, longitude and position fixing symbols
- Variation and deviation
- Electronic navigation
- Rules of the Road
- Weather forecasts
- Pilotage and passage planning
- Online course login
- RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship course pack
- Certificate upon completion
Before you start
No previous experience is needed.
If you plan to skipper your own boat or are considering commercial qualifications you should go on to complete Day Skipper Shorebased Theory and Day Skipper Practical courses.