Yachtmaster Milebuilder and Qualifying Passages
Our Yachtmaster Milebuilders provide the opportunity to log sea miles and qualifying passages in preparation for assessment for the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate. You will take part in a series of extended offshore passages by day and night, operating a watch system on board.
- $3,990.00 incl. GST
- $3,990.00 incl. GST
Our milebuilder passages provide a fantastic opportunity to develop offshore sailing skills and experience and to log sea miles and Yachtmaster qualifying passages.
The programme is broken into a series of passages of 60 miles or more, designed to meet the RYA/MCA Yachtmaster qualifying criteria.
Crew will operate in a watch system by day and night and take turns to act as skipper for a passage
- Preparation for sea
- Safety equipment and procedures
- Pilotage and passage planning
- Offshore navigation
- Preparing for heavy weather
- Sail trim
- Man overboard procedures
- Watch keeping/night passages
- Crew management and the role of the skipper
- Skipper experience
Location and sailing conditions
We plan the itinerary on the first day to take best advantage of the wind and the weather.
The scenery and anchorages are magnificent and the weather is generally excellent for sailing.
You can expect to see dolphins, whales at certain times of the year and of course Flying Fish!
The yacht and the instructor
This course will be run on board one of our training yachts by an accredited RYA/AS Instructor.
You live on board with your fellow students and take part in all aspects of running the boat.
- Tuition, logbook, pre-course reading.
- Life-jackets and safety harnesses are provided and we can loan you wet weather clothing if required.
- Shared cabin accommodation on board.
- All vessels have an enclosed bathroom on board.
- We provide all meals on board from lunch on the first day to lunch on the last day.
- You should expect to eat, at your own cost ashore, for 2 - 3 nights.
Qualifications and experience
- Approx 1500 sea miles / 16 days
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster qualifying passages
- RYA Watchleader certificate
Before you start
No formal qualifications are required but your sailing and navigation skills should be at Day Skipper level or equivalent.
We also recommend you hold a Safety and Sea Survival certificate.
At the end of the course your instructor will give you feedback on your sailing skills and your ability as skipper, making recommendations for your future training and experience.