Yacht Charter - SV Arctos
Arctos is a powerful cutter-rigged Radford 55. This impressive yacht was built for long distance ocean racing and completed a Southern Ocean circumnavigation in 2003. Flying Fish Arctos has since completed thirteen Sydney to Hobart yacht races coming first in class on two occasions.
To book Enquire here
Skippered charter only
Min booking - 4 hours / Max guests - 10
- 4 hours - $1600
- 6 hours - $2400
- 8 hours - $3200
- Weekend - $4995 (9 am/ Sat - 4 pm/ Sun)
ARCTOS is strong and fast and fully set up with ISAF Category 1 safety and communications equipment.
Rolex Sydney to Hobart Race winner
Every year a crew of amateurs form around the world join Flying Fish Arctos in Sydney to compete in the iconic Rolex Sydney to Hobart yacht race.
Flying Fish ARCTOS has a string of podium results in this event, including 2nd in class in 2009 and 1st in class in 2010 and 2017.
The yacht is ideal for a campaign of this nature.
Book a crew place on our annual Sydney to Hobart campaign or register your interest if you would like to charter ARCTOS for your group to compete in this, or another, event.
A day sailing this Sydney to Hobart race winning yacht off Sydney Heads is a fantastic corporate team-building experience.
We can arrange a hands on sailing day for your group followed by a social function with our partners at Middle Harbour Yacht Club.
Step on board and sail away
Arctos is moored in a beautiful setting at Middle Harbour Yacht Club.
The yacht is professionally maintained and fully equipped to live aboard.
- Skipper and crew
- Wharf fees, cleaning.
- insurance and tax
Catering - BYO or contact us for options
- Length: 55 ft, Beam: 12 ft, Draft: 9 ft
- Stucture: Hand laid and over engineered throughout
- Engine: Yanmar 55 saildrive
- Water: 2 x 125 litre tanks
- Fuel: 150 litres
- Fuel consumption: 2 litres / hour at 1700 rpm Optimum RPM 2000.
- Electrical: 4 x 200 amp hour gel cell.
- Pumps: Manual and electric bilge pumps to four watertight compartments
- Safety: ISAF Category 1
- Rigging: Cutter rigged, over specified for the Southern Ocean
- Sails: Hood 12oz to Southern Ocean specification with all headsails hanked
- 10 sea berths, watertight bulkheads throughout.
- Single enclosed head
- Fully equipped galley / metho stove
- Navigation: Raymarine C60 chart plotter, instruments.
- HF and VHF transceivers