Outboard Engine Maintenance
This one day course is for the Sydney boating enthusiast who wants a basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of an outboard motor. We teach you how to take simple measures to prevent mechanical breakdown at sea and to rectify defects which do not require workshop support.
You will master the trouble-shooting techniques that every skipper needs on board.
- Basic engine components
- The four stroke cycle
- The two stroke cycle
- Fuel system - maintenance and servicing
- Ignition System - maintenance and servicing
- Cooling system - how to flush, water pump inspection
- Starters and electrics
- Transmission and propellers - how to change a propeller
- Control systems - maintaining and replacing steering cables
By the end of the day you will be able to perform simple engine maintenance tasks, helping to extend the life and preserve the condition of your engine.
Save time and money
Whether you drive a small tender, a fishing tinny or a large twin engine yacht, this course could save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Middle Harbour Yacht Club
The course takes place at Sydney's Middle Harbour Yacht Club, Mosman.
For more information about the training venue see the Destinations section in the top menu.