STCW Superyacht Steward or Stewardess
Gain the essential qualifications required to enter the superyacht industry as a steward or stewardess.
Working on a superyacht is an exciting career option, leading to worldwide travel opportunities.
The average salary for a Stewardess starting out is around €2,500 per month tax-free. You can also do very well from tips in certain situations.
Your accommodation and food on-board is provided
There are fantastic opportunities to advance your career for those that work hard and present well.
The course is made up of the following training modules.
STCW Basic Safety Training – 6 Days
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- Personal Survival Techniques.
- Elementary First Aid.
VHF Radio Operators Course - 1 day
This is a requirement for tender operators to use marine radios.
Stewardess Training – 5 Days
- Getting a job, careers advice, creating your CV, references, interview techniques.
- The role of the interior crew.
- Wine appreciation course at an independent boutique establishment.
- Cocktail mixing, Barista training and Silver Service.
- Level 2 food hygiene course.
- Organise and run a cocktail party for VIP guests at one of the most historic and prestigious yacht clubs in Britain.
- Housekeeping and laundry.
- Flower arranging and table set up.
- Mooring protocol, fenders and lines.
RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course – 2 Days
A legal requirement for crew who need to drive the yacht tender.
PWC (Jet Ski) Course – 1 Day
This practical course will teach you all there is to know about the Jet Ski and how to use the it safely.
Superyacht Recruitment Event in Antibes
There is no additional charge for this. Our staff in Antibes help you through the process of seeking employment. The event includes; looking at local crew agencies, what to expect, personal presentation, do’s and don’ts, dock walking, and a final polish of your CV before you begin your career in the superyacht industry.
Flying Fish in Cowes UK
The course takes place at Cowes, Isle of Wight, yachting capital of England.
If you book accommodation with us you will stay in comfortable, self catering crew accommodation. very close to our training centre in Cowes