Windsurf Instructor Course
The Windsurf Instructor Prep and Assessment is designed for confident, intermediate windsurfers who are ready to take part in the RYA instructor course without much preliminary training.
- $1,395.00 incl. GST
You will develop your instructional and coaching skills both on and off the water, as well as the theory that underlies the sport.
During the instructor course, you will learn the RYA training method for teaching beginners and improvers to windsurf.
We make sure you have plenty of time to practice teaching and coaching on the course before the final assessment on the last day.
- The role of the instructor
- Instruction, and coaching principles
- The RYA training scheme
- How to teach
- Starting, turning around, and sailing
- Steering and stance
- Sailing upwind and tacking
- Sailing downwind and gybing
- Teaching juniors
- Teaching special needs
- Course planning
- Risk assessment and legal issues
The course is based at the Flying Fish Sail Academy at Middle Harbour Yacht Club, home of the Australian Sailing Team. >It is a superb location for windsurfing with reliable winds and a plethora of beautiful beaches just a short sail away.
Your instructor course will be run by a highly experienced and qualified RYA Windsurf Trainer Assessor. You will be assessed on the final day by an independent course moderator.
- Equipment, tuition, publications, and certification.
- RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor
Before you start
- You have a recognised First Aid certificate and RYA Powerboat Level 2 qualification.
- You are confident windsurfing in planing conditions. You can also handle a long board and demonstrate your skills in light winds.
- If you have less experience or need the First Aid or Powerboat course, check out our Windsurf Instructor Fast-track course.
- You are ready to start work as a Windsurfing Instructor at any RYA or Australian Sailing recognized centre