Dinghy Sailing Instructor Course
This course combines on-water training with shore-based training in teaching techniques and leads to the internationally recognised RYA Instructor qualification.
- $1,395.00 incl. GST
You will develop your instructional and coaching skills both on and off the water, as well as the theory that underlies the sport.
During the instructor course, you will learn the RYA training method for teaching beginners and improvers in single and two-handed dinghies.
We ensure you have plenty of time to practice teaching and coaching on the course before the final assessment on the last day.
- The role of the instructor
- Instruction, and coaching principles
- The RYA training scheme
- Land drills for tacking and gybing
- The RYA teaching method afloat
- Teaching juniors
- Teaching special needs
- Course planning
- Risk assessment and legal issues
The course is based at the Flying Fish Sailing at Middle Harbour Yacht Club, home of the Australian Sailing Team.
It is a superb location for dinghy sailing with reliable winds and a plethora of beautiful beaches just a short sail away.
Your instructor course will be run by a highly experienced and qualified RYA Dinghy Coach Assessor. You will be assessed on the final day by a second Coach Assessor
Our training fleet includes RS Zest single-handers and Laser Bahias, two-person dinghies with trapeze and asymmetric spinnakers.
Equipment, publications, tuition, and exam fees.
- RYA Safe and Fun online course
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- As a qualified RYA instructor, you will be ready to enter your first job at one of the many RYA schools worldwide.
- In Australia, your RYA certificate converts to the Australian Sailing Dinghy Instructor certification meaning you can work at an Australian Sailing accredited school.